Disclaimer

Use the articles in my blog or on my web site at your own risk. The author is not a doctor and has no medical background or training. Statements and information regarding any products within this blog are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease or health condition. See your health care provider for diagnosis and treatment of any medical concerns you have and before implementing any diet, supplement, exercise or other lifestyle changes.

February 4, 2012

Hyperaldosteronism (Conn's syndrome)

My sister has suffered for many years and I wanted to post her story in case someone can benefit from her information.

I finally got a diagnosis in Salt Lake City by an endocrinologist from Iran.  I met with her and after tests,labs etc. she told me I have Hyperaldosteronism(Conn's syndrome)!

It's a disease of adrenal gland.  My left adrenal gland has a tumor inside of it causing an overproduction of aldosterone etc.   This has caused all kinds of problems for me for years.  Lucky I haven't had a stroke, but still at high risk for one.

The doctors have been checking for other adrenal diseases but not this one, til now!!!

Met with the adrenal surgeon last week in Salt Lake City and am having the tumor and adrenal gland removed at Intermountain Medical Center in Salt Lake City.  I will be in the hospital a day or two so they can closely monitor me.

I have been getting worse and worse with more blood pressure meds, seizure meds, tons of pills a day, and still ended up in ER not too long ago with 188/105 bp, heart racing, etc.

The surgeon said I have had this tumor at least 10 or 15 years, but as it has slowly grown it started causing problems.

This condition is so rare and hard to diagnose,

I'm so grateful to finally find out. So after, day by day see how my body adjusts,etc, and taper off alot of meds. I'll only have one adrenal gland and hopefully it will work!!

I still have thyroid disease and other things, but this should help me alot.

You can google this to read more about it.

Miracles do happen, you just have to be patient.

Comments email holliewashburn@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Miracles do happen, you just have to be patient. -- I needed that. Thanks! (Just diagnosed with Conn's and seeing an endocrine surgeon in two weeks)

    ReplyDelete